2017 NAEA Member Exhibition
Thank you to all members who submitted artwork for the 2017 NAEA Member Exhibition!
The National Art Education Association (NAEA) received 423 submissions and jurying is now in progress. Up to 60 works will be selected for display at the NAEA Studio & Gallery. Submission notifications will be sent by e-mail on Tuesday, September 5, 2017. All submissions will be featured in the NAEA Virtual Gallery.
See full bios for the jurors here.
The 2017 NAEA Member Exhibition will be on display at the NAEA Studio & Gallery in Alexandria, Virginia, from October 1, 2017 through April 15, 2018.
Call for Artists
You're invited to submit your artwork to be juried for possible inclusion in the 2017 NAEA Member Exhibition! This exhibit will be displayed at the NAEA Studio & Gallery in Old Town, Alexandria, Virginia, and will showcase artwork created by NAEA’s vibrant professional community of visual arts educators, highlighting the artistic skill and vision of members worldwide.
Each NAEA member whose work is juried into the exhibit will receive an invitation to the exhibit, a certificate of participation, and a press release to share with local media. All submissions will be showcased digitally in the NAEA Virtual Gallery.
October 1, 2017 - April 15, 2018
NAEA Studio & Gallery, 901 Prince Street, Alexandria, VA 22314
- Submissions will be juried digitally by a panel of professional artists and arts leaders
- Each submission will be reviewed in the five areas below by a select number of jurors and scored on a star rating scale of 1-5 stars (1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest). The total stars awarded by each juror will be averaged for an overall score value
- Originality and Uniqueness
- Clarity and Meaning
- Innovation and Creativity
- Material Usage and Medium Application
- Quality and Craftsmanship
- Selection notification e-mails will be sent on September 5, 2017
Submissions closed on August 25, 2017 at 11:59pm ET
- You must be a current NAEA Member
- One submission per member, maximum
- $5 submission fee
- Submissions must be made digitally through the 2017 NAEA Member Exhibition website
- Images of work must be submitted as JPEG or PDF at a minimum of 540 px
- 2-D and 3-D works of all media will be considered
- Size requirements (to include frame): Max of 48”
- If selected, original artwork must be available to be displayed for the entire length of the exhibit (September 2017 – April 2018)
- If selected, 2-D works must be framed (with necessary hardware for hanging)
- If selected, you are responsible for artwork delivery/shipment and pickup/return postage for the artwork
- Click the REGISTER button in top right corner of this page to create a profile.
(If you have submitted to an NAEA exhibit through ArtCall in the past, log in with your existing ArtCall credentials, or select the "Forgot Password" button.)
- Click the "Add New Submission" button
- Enter your submission details and credit card payment information for the submission fee of $5
- Upload an image of your artwork
- Receive a confirmation e-mail once you complete the submission process
JURIED-IN WORKS – Artwork submission and retrieval:
- If selected for inclusion in the exhibit, mail your artwork with RETURN POSTAGE or deliver it personally to: NAEA, 901 Prince Street, Alexandria, VA 22314
- All work must be received no later than September 20, 2017
- Artwork may be picked up in person or shipped back to the artist (using the return postage provided by the artist) after April 15, 2018.
Exhibit Hours: The exhibit will be open to the public Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 am and 3:30 pm, or by appointment. Please contact Heather Overvold for an appointment.
Questions? Contact Heather Overvold, NAEA Marketing and Communications Coordinator/NAHS Programs Manager, at HRose@arteducators.org or 703-889-1289